You can reserve circulation books which are on loan, but books at the Reserved Section are for first come first serve basis and can be borrowed within library hours. To reserve books, log onto iLib using your UP Webmail username and password and search for the book. On the results page, click on the title to view the book's bibliographic record and status of availability. Click the Reserve link placed beside the location column to place your reservation.
2. How can I borrow books if I am from other UP Campuses?
Enrolled Students and current Faculty and Staff can borrow books from the different constituent universities and satellite campuses.
Constituent Universities 1. University of the Philippines Baguio 2. University of the Philippines Diliman 3. University of the Philippines Los Baños 4. University of the Philippines Manila 5. University of the Philippines Visayas 6. University of the Philippines Cebu 7. University of the Philippines Mindanao 8. University of the Philippines Open University
Satellite Campuses 1. University of the Philippines Diliman Extension Program in Pampanga 2. University of the Philippines Diliman Extension Program in Olongapo 3. University of the Philippines Visayas Tacloban College 4. University of the Philippines Manila School of Health Sciences in Leyte 5. University of the Philippines Manila School of Health Sciences in Aurora 6. University of the Philippines Manila School of Health Sciences in Koronadal City, South Cotabato
For UP Diliman University Library:
6. Take note of your Borrowing Privileges. Example: Undergraduate: If you borrowed 2 books from your campus, you are allowed to borrow 3 books from any libraries in Diliman. 7. You can visit the library and borrow books from Mondays to Saturdays. See the library hours for more information. 8. To borrow a book, you must fill out the book card. 9. Present the book card and the book to be borrowed together with your countersigned ID and borrower's card to the Circulation Counter Staff. 10. The Circulation Counter Staff will check out the books in the iLib database and stamp the due date on the book due date slip. 11. Always remember to return the book on the due date to avoid any overdue fees.
For UP Los Baños Main Library 1. You can visit the UPLB Main Library and borrow books from Monday - Saturday, 8:00Am - 5:00 PM. 2. Take note of your Borrowing Privileges. Example: Undergraduate: If you borrowed 3 books from any library in UP Diliman, you are allowed to borrow 2 books. 3. Go to the UPLB Main Library website at www.library.uplb.edu.ph 4. Search the UPLB catalog or WebOPAC at http://ilib.uplb.edu.ph 5. Note the title, author, call number, location and status of the book. 6. At the UPLB Main Library, get the book(s), fill up the book card with your full name, student number and college/campus and proceed to the section's circulation counter. 7. Present the book card and the book to be borrowed together with your countersigned ID to the Circulation Counter Staff. 8. You will be asked to login to your UPD iLib account to verify the number of books you borrowed. The Circulation Counter Staff will check your iLib E-Library card. Go to http://ilib.upd.edu.ph and login using your UP webmail/CRS account. 9. The Circulation Counter Staff will asked the Computer Services & Multimedia Collections Section (Basement Extension Main Library) to give you a UPLB iLib account. For more information and assistance, look for Mary Ann M. Ingua. 10. The Circulation Counter Staff will check out the books in the iLib database and stamp the due date on the book due date slip. 11. Always remember to return the book on the due date to avoid any overdue fees.
3. How can I return/renew my borrowed book?
Library borrowers must return or renew items on their due date. Return materials to the circulation or reserve desks on the said due date on or before 9:00 am. However, borrowers can still return materials even after library hours by using the book drop. Return receipts maybe requested from the service desks for returned material.
4. How much will I have to pay for an overdue book?
How much you'll be charged for an overdue book depends on its circulation type and how long you've kept it past the due date. A fine of PhP 2.00 per day (exclusive of Sundays and holidays) is charged for circulation books. The rate for overdue reserve books, on the other hand, are as follows:
5. How to access UP Diliman Electronic Journals and eBooks?
1. On campus within UP Diliman only (IP-based) access
A. EDS (EBSCO Discovery Service) your single searching access to all the databases
B. Access Electronic Journals and eBooks by title
1. Choose "Electronic Databases" or "eBooks"
2. Click the links to access individual databases
3. To search for specific titles, click "Publications" or type the title in the search box provided for journal or book title
4. Browse for the issues
2. Off-campus (Remote) access
A. Use http://cslib.upd.edu.ph/index.php/read-more-links or http://www.mainlib.upd.edu.ph/?q=online-subscriptions as your gateway or go directly to the website of each database
B. Type the username and password for authentication
C. Define your search terms. Translate your enquiry or assignment topic into terms the database can understand. Nouns or noun phrases are best.
D. Start searching using the basic search or advanced search interface
6. What will I do if I damage a book?
Damaged materials should be reported immediately to the service desks to discuss repair or replacement options that may be available.
7. What will I do if I lost a book?
Any book lost by a borrower must be reported to the librarian immediately, otherwise fines will continue to be computed daily and added to the cost of the book. A lost book may either be paid or replaced. Replacement for a lost book must have the same or newer edition, or an approved equivalent.